LINKS Recruitment Group is seeking a Skilled Roadworker on behalf of our client based within Swindon. We are looking for an individual with experience working in the construction industry and working on the roads with a welcoming attitude.
Our client requires a dedicated and professional individual, who can demonstrate reliability.
- Undertaking a programme of work identified by Highway Supervisor, or under the direction of a Specialist Roadworker.
- Direct /Supervise General Roadman/Roadmen.
- Working with a strong teamwork ethic.
- Work under Chapter 8 rules and understand the basis of Risk Assessments and Method Statements. Including the correct erection and removal of appropriate signs and barriers to current legislation.
- Attend all Toolbox Talks or similar.
- Work within legislation of Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
- Wear all PPE as issued and required. Ensure PPE is worn by all team participants
- Work closely with the Inspection Team to ensure best practice, relevant materials and Traffic Management are used appropriately. Best Practice
- Complete set targets/jobs
- Complete own timesheets and those of general roadworkers when required, record in writing issues identified and reasons.
- Identify own training requirements to Supervisor.
- Attend any training as directed.
- Look after and keep in a clean and usable condition all tools and plant you are working with, return when finished, or at regular intervals for routine maintenance /calibration
- Operate powered hand tools, plant and machinery as required.
- Assist in emergency situations as directed by supervisor, Manager and or Emergency officer
- Work in a clean and tidy fashion. Maintain high standard of cleanliness with regard to any uniform/ PPE issued.
- Dispose of waste materials in line with the latest environmental requirements. Recycle whenever an option. Waste Transfer notes as required
**Voluntary: Out of hours as a Callout Operative, available on a rota basis for additional payment subject to operational needs and the capabilities of each individual.**
- Experience and knowledge of Civil and Construction applications and practice techniques
- Sound working experience and knowledge of all groundwork applications.
- Demonstrable knowledge of participating in good practices in the following;
- CAT and Genny
- Asbestos Awareness Certificate
- Needlestick Awareness
- Abrasive Wheels
- Use of small tools and plant
- First response first aider
- HGV 2/7.5T driving licence
- City and Guilds Winter service
- Streetworks Act
- Chapter 8 Traffic signing lighting and guarding
- CSCS card holder
Working Hours: 07:30 - 15:30
Pay: £14.00 p/h, Weekly Pay & Holiday Pay
Back to all Jobs