NEC Site Supervisor
Location: Cardiff City Centre
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: £40 - £50 per hour (Depending on Experience)
Our client is looking for an experienced Site Supervisor to work within a prestigious area of Cardiff City Centre. They wish to appoint an individual to assist in the delivery in relation to the development of Central Square and Castle Street projects during their Construction phase.
- To act as Supervisor during the Construction phase as described under NEC4;
- To check works are carried out in compliance with the Works Information including testing of material and workmanship and observing tests carried out by the Contractor;
- To ensure a consistently high standard of quality control and supervision is maintained for each project, assessing contract implementation with due regard to highway, health and safety and environmental legislation;
- To provide a service at all times to the nominated NEC Project Manager by ensuring that the standards of work and the materials supplied by Contractor are as specified in accordance with the Works Information;
- To undertake actions delegated by the NEC Project Manager;
- To witness off site and on-site testing and commissioning and keep appropriate records of results;
- To comply with the legal responsibilities regarding health, safety, welfare and environmental issues and highway legislation;
- To maintain records and data, operate and maintain information systems and undertake general administrative tasks;
- To identify technical problems on site, to recommend corrective action and issue directions as authorised under the contract;
- To assist the NEC Project Manager with managing contractors, sub-contractors, liaising with statutory utilities and dealing with technical queries;
- To prepare schedules of defects and certify rectification of snagging items; and
- To attend internal and external meetings, both on and off site as required.
- Daily supervision/inspection of the dedicated ‘site’ up to the completion of the Contract
- Compile and provide daily record sheets to the dedicated Project Manager
- Compile and provide monthly summary reports to the dedicated Project Manager
- Assist the dedicated Quantity Surveyor in assessing monthly applications
- Assist the Project Manager with monthly programme reviews
- The Site Supervisor will be expected to be dedicated to the project on a full-time basis ensuring high level of standards are upheld.
- Experience working within a Civils background
- Vast understand of specification for Highway Works
- Ability to demonstrate leadership skills within a Site Supervisor position
- Evidence of experience within an NEC Site Supervisor position.
- Hold a relevant CSCS card
- Hold a valid UK driving licence.
- Health and Safety would be advantageous
If you believe that you have the skills and dedicated experience for this position, please send your CV to Daniel Puttick by way of email – daniel @linksrecruitment.co.uk or alternatively call to ask any questions in relation to the position 02920 102 508.
Back to all Jobs