LINKS Recruitment Group are recruiting on behalf of one of our International market leading clients. Our client is an established manufacturing company based in Aberdare. Due to their expansion they are looking to grow their experienced Engineering Team and require a Multi-skilled Technician.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a passionate and energetic business, where individuals are rewarded for their hard work and commitment. Their customers are at the heart of everything they do, they pride themselves on being a pleasure to do business with.
As part of the Engineering team, you will be in constant communication with the production teams, and will take charge of maintaining the performance and reliability of production lines by carrying out troubleshooting practices, preventive and predictive maintenance, improvement modifications as well as carrying out interventions to maintain the area in safety and quality requirements. Responsibilities will also include efficient repairing of all machinery to National Standards. The successful candidate must have the ability to use and develop CMMS system for the area. They will also be optimizing equipment reliability through a continuous improvement plan and actively conducting themselves in line with the Values, Ethics, and Health and safety measures of the client.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Support Production on troubleshooting, the recommissioning of production lines and the search for malfunctions whilst working as part of a multifunctional team.
- Have an awareness of all IEEE, BS7671 Wiring Regs and Electricity at Work regulations including all safety rules applying to electrical work ensuring that safe working practices are adhered to at all times.
- Can provide vision, goals, coaching, and priorities, ensuring that safety, quality, customer service and costs goals for the engineering and reliability function are successfully achieved.
- Will be responsible for the facility maintenance, ensuring optimum operation of all ancillary and peripheral systems in the production and warehouse areas.
- Will be expected to use the CMMS program to provide optimum reliability to the operation of our manufacturing and ancillary systems. Should be able to write comprehensive reports and analyze data.
- Participate in planned maintenance operations, diagnosis and resolution of breakdowns, preventive and maintenance whilst leading a PM schedule to create a “best in class” environment.
- Contribute to continuous improvement through proposal and installation of technical improvements, improvement of reliability along with installation and commissioning of new equipment.
- Regularly check spare parts that are in stock through the use of stores inventory checking and use purchase requests and alerts to complete orders. Finalize the process by checking delivery of parts and restocking inventory.
- Consistently seeks alternatives to control and reduce spending. Promotes and generates improvement ideas and takes responsibility to complete on time and budget.
- Has a solid competancy in use of Lathe, milling machine and other workshop machinery or willing to learn.
- Will carry out day to day duties as requested by the maintenance manager to ensure compliance.
- Promote an environment of excellence in reliability engineering, predictive, and preventive maintenance as well as in each and every practice of the department.
- Carry out fault diagnostics on Electrical, pneumatic and mechanical equipment along with quality control and process control.
- (Desirable) Have HNC/ONC or equivalent in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or related field
- (Desirable) 5 years of related experience in electrical/mechanical maintenance or project roles
- 12 hour continental shifts - 2 morning shifts, 2 night shifts, 4 days off (18 days off every 7 weeks)
Back to all Jobs