LINKS Recruitment Group have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced forward thinking Health & Safety Officer for a leading and well-respected manufacturing company. This role will be overlooking the day to day running of the health and safety department for a large manufacturing site, experience within health and safety is essential.
This highly varied and often demanding role will see the successful candidate proactively advise, develop, implement and maintain all aspects of H&S legislation and best practice. The chance to really make a difference with excellent career development opportunities.
- Assist in outlining SOP’s which identify and take account of all relevant hazards
- Carry out regular Health, Safety and Environment site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented
- Make changes to working practices and procedures to ensure that they are safe and comply with legislation
- Prepare health and safety strategies
- Lead in-house training with managers and employees
- Produce reports, analysing and interpreting data and suggesting improvements;
- Keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all Health, Safety and Environment legislation
- Ensure the safe installation of equipment
- Managing and organising the safe disposal of hazardous substances
- Keep records of inspection findings and produce reports that suggest improvements
- Record incidents and accidents and produce statistics for Managers
- Produce management reports, newsletters and bulletins.
- Experience in health and safety within a production environment
- Nebosh certification
- Diploma in occupational H&S is advantageous
- Strong engagement and influencing skills
Salary: £32,000 - £35,000
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call for a confidential chat on 02920 102 508
Back to all Jobs